GISHWHES 2013 - 10 Things You Need to Know
GISHWHES 2013 participants changed lives and spoke to the heavens. Here are a few highlights (and a little piece of information you all have been waiting for).
- GISHWHES reached space. This year’s Hunters communicated with astronauts in the International Space Station (and received a passive-aggressive tweet reprimand from them!). NASA’s official Twitter feed:
- We broke two more GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS - including one for the most “hugs” worldwide. We have a grand total of 5 now! All Guinness certificate codes are forthcoming.
- In partnership with Random Acts, GISHWHES participants rallied together over $50,000 worth of home furnishings for a struggling veteran family in North Carolina. Random Acts is setting up the surprise unveiling for them now. We’ll keep you informed so you can see the surprise unfold.
- GISHWHES is also donating over $40,000 to Random Acts this year to fund acts of kindness worldwide and that number keeps rising with each purchase from the GISHWHES Schwag Shwop.
- Speaking of the Shwop, this year’s abnosome items include a dessert cookbook, the amazing annual Coffee Table Book and even GISHWHES underwear that should be mandatory apparel for the planet. If any of that sounds appealing, get on it! The Shwop closes in less than a week.
- Gish Hunters donated over 1600 pints of blood worldwide, and most impressively, had hundreds of nuns slide down waterslides.
- Everyone who referred a friend to GISHWHES ‘13 was put in a pot (well, their names were) to join Misha and the top Gish Team in Canada this year. Who did Misha draw out of the pot? Fiona Becker. Congrats Fiona! You’re outa the pot and going to Canada.
- William Shatner and Larry King think we’re a cult. We are ecstatic about this. Both will be an “item” in the Hunt next year and will likely look back on tangling with GISHWHESHEANS as a “major life regret.”
- We will be announcing this year’s top Team on December 2nd! Last year’s team, Badwolf, took Scotland by storm.
- Next year’s hunt is in August and we’re changing things up a bit. GISHWHES will no longer be your grandma’s scavenger hunt. In 2014 GISHWHES grows a pair. It’s going to be intense.
Brothers and Sisters (and Misha)
GISHWHES Convent and Correctional Facility
someone is throwing snowballs at my window. maybe it’s a guy coming to confess his love to me
it was my brother..
I want to know how many people are reblogging this without understanding why the coffee’s there
grandma has been run over by a reindeer every Christmas eve since 1979 and frankly i’m beginning to believe it isn’t an accident
#so get this #you know that christmas song
I’m crying. This just got so much better, omg.